What did you eat, only to regret it moments later?
有什么食物是你吃完就后悔的?

?

獲得76.9k好評的回答@Ernest W. Adams:

There's a preserved fish dish in South Korea called Hongeohoe.
韓國有一種腌制的魚叫洪魚膾。

I was warned off it, but decided I should show my host my willingness to try local food and be more than just a tourist.
曾有人警告我要遠離這種食物,但我還是決定向主人展示一下我品嘗當地飲食的意愿來體現我不只是一名游客。

It tasted like ammonia. And being preserved, it was rubbery. The more I chewed, the stronger the ammonia taste got.
這個食物嘗起來有氨氣的味道。因為是腌制的,所以很勁道。越嚼氨氣的味道越濃。

It was like chewing an eraser that had been impregnated with floor cleaner. I choked the piece down, but the flavor stayed with me, the fumes rising into my nose.
那種感覺就像在嚼浸過地板清潔劑的橡皮。我直接咽了下去,但嘴里卻一直有那個味道,直沖鼻子。

My host said kindly, "A lot of Koreans don't like it either."
主人很體貼地跟我說:“很多韓國人也不喜歡這個食物。”

Now he tells me!
現在才告訴我!

?

獲得6.5k好評的回答@Gil Silberman:

Two things come to mind.
我馬上想到兩樣東西。

A severely moldy burrito. I hadn't noticed until a few bites in, because it was wrapped in foil, but it was worse than this.
一個嚴重發霉的玉米煎餅,因為用錫箔紙包著,所以吃了幾口我才發現。

A large gulp of sprite my auto mechanic friend had left in the yard. Only, being a redneck, he was using the bottle to store gasoline. Not tasty, but I had already swallowed. In neither case did I get sick, but the regret was strong in the moment.
喝了一大口作汽車修理工的朋友留在院子里的雪碧。我沒料到這個傻子竟然用雪碧瓶子裝汽油。一點都不好喝,但我已經咽下去了。雖然沒生病,但當時后悔死了。

?

獲得13.7k好評的回答@Shem Elliyahu Yifrach:

I love traveling and experiencing the local culture, especially by enjoying their cuisine. When I lived in China I came across many dishes that to me were so bizarre. One such dish is called Stinky Tofu. I was fortunate to not have many encounters with this dish because as its name suggests it’s STINKY!!! When you are around it you will know it, there is no escaping it. I recall riding my bike in the city and having to hold my breath as I passed by street vendors that were offering this stinky delight.
我喜歡旅行、體驗當地文化,尤其是享受當地美食。我住在中國時遇到很多稀奇古怪的美食,其中就有臭豆腐。我很幸運不經常碰到這個食物,因為正如名字里提到的,它奇臭無比!!!靠近臭豆腐你就能發覺,躲都躲不開。我記得在市里騎自行車經過賣這種臭臭美味的路邊攤時都要屏住呼吸。

I highly recommend anyone traveling to China to try it "at least once".
我強烈建議每個去中國旅行的人都至少要吃一次臭豆腐。

Looks rather innocent and harmless right?
看起來人畜無害吧?

?

獲得6.8k好評的回答@Richard Barrios:

I like sharing this Kimchi story.
我要分享這個泡菜的故事。

I was in New York many years ago with my girlfriend (at the time), she is Korean, and she wanted to take me to an authentic Korean restaurant she found. We sat down, I looked at the menu, which was all written in Korean, since I couldn't read it I went with the pictures and pointed to what I wanted. I pointed at an image with vegetables and beef. I ordered the Kimchi Beef. For those of you who don't Kimchi is pickled cabbage -Kimchi. It is usually very spicy, the style I had that day was nothing like I ever had before.
很多年前我在紐約和女朋友(當時的)在一起,她是韓國人,想帶我去她發現的一家地道的韓餐餐館。我們坐下來,我看著菜單,上面都是韓語,因為看不懂,所以我就看圖片,然后指向我想點的菜。我指著一個帶有蔬菜和牛肉的圖片,要了一份泡菜牛肉。對于不太懂的人來說泡菜就是腌制的白菜,其實很辣。我那天吃的那種辣跟從前吃過的不一樣。

Needless to say, I drank my glass of water quickly. I thought the beef was the spicy part, so I started eating the cabbage, boy was I wrong. It only got worse! Before I knew it the waitress came by to filled my glass and I drank it quickly. When she returned she noticed that this wasn't the last time I was going to ask for water, so she left the pitcher at the table. The waitress left and went to the kitchen. A few minutes later my girlfriend told me to turn around and I could see that the cooks where having a good laugh.
不用說我馬上就喝掉了杯里的水,我以為是牛肉辣,就開始吃白菜,我真是大錯特錯,結果更糟!我還沒反應過來服務員就過來給我續水,我又馬上喝光。她再回來時注意到我還得要水,就把水壺留在了桌子上。服務員去了廚房,過幾分鐘女朋友讓我回頭,我看到幾個廚師笑到不行。

?

(翻譯:菲菲)